Friday, January 15, 2010

My Mama's Home!

It's been a long, tough year for my Mom with my Dad's illness and passing. So when my brother called her up and invited her for Christmas she jumped at the chance! My sister-in-law Patricia, my niece Sarah and nephew Christopher live in Germany and my brother works as a civilian in Iraq and then comes home to Germany occasionally to visit.

To sweeten the deal even more, they were going to be spending Christmas in Egypt! This is exactly what my Mom needed!

She left on December 15 and came home today! I headed off to the Airport (YVR) at about 12:00 to pick her up. I got there about a ½ hour early and was able to check on my laptop and see exactly where her flight was! Technology is so cool!!

Here comes my Mom all tanned with a nice new shirt. She looked really good!!
After I dropped her off I headed for the Border! It was really nasty this morning with of lots of rain and wind but the sun made an appearance this afternoon for a beautiful sunset. I took a couple pictures while I was waiting in line!



They've made some fancy changes at the Border in anticipation of the Olympics next month! We now have a super, duper, snazzy electronic sign welcoming us to the United States of America! Our tax dollars at work!
And of course we've got to have fancy signs telling us which lane to line up in!

2 comments:

Judy said...

How wonderful that your Mama got to make such an exciting trip. That was a pretty picture you took of her in the airport, and she looks so happy to see you. The sunset pictures are great!

Cheryl said...

I'm glad she made it home safe & sound. She is DEFINITELY tan ... wow! I can't wait to hear about the trip & see all the pictures.

Template