Sunday, September 14, 2008

Camping, Soccer and Meal Plan Monday!

For those of you who know me well, know how much I absolutely love camping! My commitment to my kids and camping is once a year we go camping with the Girl Scouts! Unfortunately for me, this was time number two. Time number one was earlier this year with Emily. I'm sure that the extra camping trip will get me bonus nominations for Mother of the Year!

Here was our shelter/cooking area.


We were at Birch Bay State Park and after a dinner of chicken, baked potatoes and corn on the cob we walked down to the beach to see the sunset and it was gorgeous!

I got a picture of Katie by the Sunset and it almost looks fake, like I stuck her in afterwards!

Here are some pics of the pretty waves.

After it got dark we walked back to the campsite for Campfire and Campfire songs. Interestingly enough, the girls picked lots of slow meaningful songs to sing. Julie and I wanted to sing things like Bazooka, Zooka Bubblegum and Ghost Chickens in the Sky (Read the lyrics ~ I can't believe this was in the GS Songbook!) but the kids weren't having anything of it!

I had brought an air mattress along with me and blew it up before it got dark unfortunately it was only half full when I went to bed and the pump was dead. We also had the great luck of being assigned the spot with all of the tree roots underneath the tent. Boy was I looking forward to this night! I snuck my MP3 player in with me and I listened to it while I slept so fortunately I did get some sleep (define some!).

Here's a pic of Katie and I in the morning in front of our tent. I brought the 5-6 person one instead of the 3 person so it gave us lots of room to be uncomfortable in!

Here's a group picture of us all. Fortunately for us :o) Katie had a soccer game at 11:45 so we had to leave at 10:00 am.

Katie had a pretty good game yesterday and it was beautiful out so we got to sit in the sun and watch some soccer. Katie's team won 4-2 so they are 2-0 for the season.

I liked the look on Katie's face in this one.

Katie got to do a throw-in so here are sequential shots of her doing so.....



Here are some misc. shots of Katie during the game.




Now it's Emily's turn. Her game was at 2:15 so we had an hour in between games. We were able to run to a corner store and get something to drink. Emily's team wasn't as fortunate and lost 4-2 and are 1-1 for the season.



I am going to try out Meal Plan Monday again. I tried it out before and it really does make a difference. I just need to put the time in to make it work. There are lots of people who do it and you can find links to them here. I have been working hard at getting all of my recipes up and I only have a few more to type in so I have provided links below to the recipes that I have finished.

Sunday ~ Brats and Pasta Salad
Monday ~ Peanut Chicken Stir-Fry
Tuesday ~ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Wednesday ~ Cabbage Roll Casserole
Thursday ~ Tacos
Friday ~ Wal-Mart night (McDonalds)
Saturday ~ Late Soccer games so probably won't be able to cook!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Camping is SO much fun ... I only wish I could go every weekend. HA!!! Seriously though, at least you had nice weather & took pictures. :)

Yay for getting soccer shots ... that's what I'm talking about!!!

Judy said...

The sunset pictures are beautiful, and I love the one of Katie with the sunset in the background.

Good for you to brave the camping trip! It looks so pretty there, and I know the girls must have enjoyed it.

Template