Sunday, August 17, 2008

The NW Washington Fair ~ Part Deux

Friday we were back at the Fair. Mostly because I had volunteered to work 2 shifts, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm, at the PTA Booth for Destination Imagination. Gord had taken the day off to take the kids back to the Fair to ride some rides. Unfortunately my shift started when the rides started so I didn't get any ride pics of my kids.

We got there just after 9:00 am and we didn't realize that the rides didn't start until 11:00 so we walked around the animal barns. Here are a few of my favorite shots.

This is Thomas and he was showing this cow later in the day. Thomas' mom, Belinda, was in my childbirthing class when I was pregnant with Katie. We didn't see each other for a number of years and then met up again when her daughter, Hailey, showed up in my Girl Scout Troop. Hailey and Emily have become very good friends.

More animals!

Now we end up at the DI booth. My first shift was very slow when we arrived but soon picked up. It was very, very warm! We had a great time and it was over before I knew it. I met back up again with Gord and the kids and we started to head home so I could have a shower and a bit of a break before my next shift.

One of our patients at work is nice enough to provide us with free parking every year because she lives across the street from the Fair. Unfortunately this time we encountered a little bit of a problem when we arrived back to get Cheryl's Van and you can read about it here (about mid post).

I took a bunch of pictures of the people that I worked with on the first shift but most of them threatened me with bodily harm if I posted them on my Blog so I will provide a link to them here on a Web Album which is totally different than a Blog so I think that I'm safe!! This was my favorite picture of the shift and I had to post this one of Shelly!

My second shift was so crazy it wasn't funny. We didn't even get a little break. We walked in to shear busyness!! It was like that for about 2 full hours and then started to slow down after about 9:00. We got another little burst around 9:45 after the concert but time definitely crept a little after that. I can tell that I'm getting old because my body was just about done after that second shift. We definitely had a great time though!

On a totally unrelated blip at the end of the post, it was Gord's company picnic yesterday and we had lots of great food! The adults competed in a Boccie tournament and we had lots of fun. It was just a wee bit hot though 90°+. Here's a picture of Gord in fine form!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I like all your animal pictures but my fave is the 2nd one of the cow looking at you. I think he's mad at you for taking 2 pictures. HA

That picture of Shelley is WAY too happy. What's up with that?

I agree about a web album being totally different than the blog. ☺