Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back to School!

Today was the day ~ the day the kids went back to school! Katie now has to wake up at 6:00 am and Katie is definitely not a morning person! It was OK today though because she was very excited (and nervous) for her first day of Middle School.

I'm pretty sure that I was just as nervous (if not more nervous) as she was! It makes you feel like you're in High School all over again. I took her to school and as we were walking across the road I was holding her hand and I asked her if it was OK that her mom was still holding her hand and then we walked to her classroom and I asked her if it was OK that I was going with her all the way to her classroom and again she was totally content with it. It made me feel good that she's still OK being seen with MOM!

I got to meet her homeroom teacher and see each of her other teachers and they all seemed very nice so I'm sure that she will be in good hands!

She made it home on the bus OK and seemed to have made it through her first day of Middle School unscathed.

Here she is first thing this morning in the obligatory first day of school photo.


Of course you have to have one with the backpack too!

And in front of the school!

Now it's Emily's turn. Somehow with all of the goings on this morning I ran out of time for a picture of Emily in front of the house. Here she is with her school's namesake.

In her classroom....

With her teacher Mrs. Davis.

And lastly, at her desk unpacking her backpack.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I like all the pictures & I am SO glad Katie made it through her first day. Was there any drama to report?!?!?

Template