Saturday, December 22, 2007

More Christmas!

As you may know, we have been in a desperate search for a Christmas Tree. We no longer have a truck to go and get a live one so I thought that we were destined to have the 4 foot free Garage Sale Tree in the living room. Mind you for a free Garage Sale Tree it was pretty nice but I knew that it's proper location belonged in the Dining Room.

***

Upon advice from Jerrie, I have been looking at the trees at True Value. I went in there a couple of weeks ago but they were still well beyond my price range. I was looking for a gift this morning and saw a tree for $36.99. It looked a lot nicer than some of the trees that I had been seeing for $130.00. I was convinced just because of the price that it mustn't be a good tree. I went home and thought in over and Cheryl and I were going to go grocery shopping so I thought that I should go and check it out again.

***

Well, here is our tree. It is 7½ feet tall and is one of the narrower ones but it fits nicely in the space for it. I just need to find it a tree skirt and we will have it made.

***


Here's a picture of my in-laws down in Yuma, AZ. They are part of the annual Christmas parade down there. Everyone has golf carts as modes of transportation. It's very cool!

2 comments:

jkluginbill said...

Very nice tree. I really wanted a trim tree, but have grown to love my full-size! See? True Value has great deals! And now you have 2 trees! Rock on!

Cheryl said...

I think the tree looks great! It's not too slim at all. It's funny though, I don't see any presents under it for ME! :)

The "Claus" family in the golf cart cracks me up!

Template