Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Summer Fun!

Emily and her school friend Natalia have been trying to get together for a sleepover since before school got out. When you have two very busy families it takes some manuevering to make a date work! August 1st was finally the day! We went for dinner at Milt's Pizza and then swimming at Homestead. The girls were pretty good ~ they were asleep by 10:30 pm and awake at 6:30 am. I didn't have to go up and remind them to get some sleep at all! What kind of a sleepover is that!! :o)

Here they are walking to the park in the morning.

Natalia was having fun on the swing!

I'm not quite sure what Emily was doing in this picture! I see London, I see France, I see......

During the school year, Emily was asked by one of the teachers at her school if she wanted to take part in an Art project for a book that she was involved in! Emily was very enthusiastic and worked hard on her picture and it was published along with a number of other kids in and around the community.

The author put on a picnic tonight for all of the kids involved!

Here's Katie and Emily having some fun!

Here's Emily's page!

This is the book that was published!

Emily loves Watermelon!

The kids had fun playing with the huge Frisbee's.


Emily's accepting the book from the author, Mrs. Kohl,

Emily ran into a friend of hers from School, Toni Marie.

Emily posing with Mrs. Kohl and her second grade teacher, Mrs. Van Slyke, who was a contributor to the book as well.

What do you get when you cross a key and a car? Stupidity! This is what met me when I got out of work this afternoon. It's hard to see but it travels all the way up to the front fender.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Do you know who scratched the car? Eek!

I always knew Emily would be famous ... I just assumed she would take me along for the ride. Sheesh, some kids!

HA

Template