Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lucky Thirteen!

It was this day 13 years ago that Gord and I were married for the first time. I say the first time because we were married twice!! I'll save that story for another day.

We got married by Judge Moynehan at Cass and Al Johnson's house. They were kind enough to let us have our wedding at their home. Sadly, Al passed away this year.

We needed to get the immigration process started so that we would be able to live together once we got married at our planned wedding in September. We had been told several different ways by several different people the correct way to do it. I just wanted to make sure that it was done legally so I talked to an Immigration Attorney that worked on my floor and decided that this was the best way to get the ball rolling.

Gord was attending school at the time in Cranbrook, B.C. so imagine his surprise when I called him and told him to fly home for the weekend so we could get married. I managed to plan a mini wedding (including getting the marriage license) in less than a week.

In attendance were each of our best people, each of our parents, my brother, Gord's sister and I think that was about it. We tried to keep it quiet that we had gotten married so that our church wedding remained special.

Gord's mom got us some very nice flowers and a cake and I wore a white dress with flowers on it. I do have couple of pictures so if I can get my scanner working I will post one.

Also, we share this anniversary with Uncle Wally & Auntie Adele so Happy Anniversary today to them as well!!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Too bad the day wasn't better (meaning all of your family members well) but hopefully you can find a way to celebrate at a later date!!! ♥♥♥

Template